Apr 9, 2008

Who needs a spankin' ??? by cory

She's an addict. No, this is worse than just an addiction. In hind-sight I probably should have seen this coming. A little here and a little there. "It's just for fun" she'd say. And I bought into it. I feel a bit weird sitting by myself typing what will become a full-scale assault on her world of BLOG-this & BLOG-that & BLOG-you ...,
you know "we really could just go to Wal-Mart without blogging about it". Really! normal people do it everyday.

So here is my plan. Today is Leslie's birthday. She loves to hate surprizes.
She has figured out every gift she has ever been given since birth. Seriously, it's not worth the effort to even try.
Except today. I wrangled Leslie's sister Stacy into taking Leslie out for an innocent morning of shoping and pedicures. I'd have gone myself but, since it would be more manly to, take one for the team and stay home with all the little kids, I decided that would be my MO.
+Plus+, I know we have enough Dora fruit snacks to last thru several days of Disney.

Back to Leslie, So while she's out I plan to sneak onto her blog and surprize her by leaving a super sweet love note, that expresses how truly wonderful she is, and


......pause for potty break number 47 brought to you by Piper.....

(one handed typing here, while holding Piper & Tandi, both crying for more Dora snacks, here girls have some left over Mt. dew and beef jerky),
and how much I admire her ability to befriend anyone.
She is quite an amazing person, never an unkind word.
She tries to compliment everyone daily.
She loves people and is very shy socially but once she befriends you it's like you become part of her soul....forever. She somehow seems to really understand how to make those connections.

And how she loves her family, deeply. She's involved.

She really cares and is the biggest fan to her children, siblings and extended everybody.
She never forgets anything about people but only remembers the good. That is truly a most Christ-like quality. She inspires.
I love how frantic she gets over who gets voted off the island/stage/club/house/show this week. She's way more interesting to watch.

And how, she never gives anything less than 150% to anything and whenever she is given the chance to be creative, look out she'll be brillant.

She's competitive and usually wins at everything no matter the game (sorry Marley & Boden, I'll still let you win and pay for your therapy).
She has volumes of insight and I love to sit with her for hours just talking. I love the way her hand fits in mine and appreciate how she still misses me when i'm away.

So here's to you Leslie! HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Thanks for just being who you are.
I love being a part of your life and never imagined that 10 years ago we'd be this "in love".

love cb

Beat that Hallmark!

14 comments:

Stacy said...

Cory you are awesome! Thanks for watching the kids while Leslie and I could enjoy some sisterly time. You should win the SUPER DAD award. Love, Stacy

Lane family said...

OH MY GOSH Leslie- you could sell him and make a lot of money! How sweet. I hope I get the chance to know you a lot better. (shouldn't be hard since I don't think we have ever spoken! ) Happy birthday! I'm glad you had such a fun day- and such a great sister!

HARKER FAMILY said...

Happy birthday Leslie! You have such a sweet husband. I am glad you got to have such a great day you deserve it.

Anonymous said...

CORY-LEAVE IT TO YOU. YOU ARE SUCH A SWEETHEART. LESLIE I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY! YOU TWO ARE LUCKY TO HAVE EACH OTHER! LOVE, TONYA

Anonymous said...

He's little sneak is what he is. If any of you are wondering, Ya I CRIED. I love that boy.

Booford said...

Happy Birthday Lester! I hope you had a great day!! i know how padicures feel and they are great! I'm sure you enjoyed it. Next time you got to get cory to pay for me too!

Bobbi said...

What a Stud, Leslie! Just reading that brought tears to my eyes. You two are the sweetest couple. I am going to have Jared read this when he gets home tomorrow night!! He'll be so impressed with his cousin.

Scott said...

Cory, we don't need to hear about who needs a spankin...I think that is a bit private, especially on Leslie's birthday.

Just to tempt you both a little, Boise will be 70 degrees on Saturday and 77 on Sunday. Come on over for a barbecue and a wii trampoline jumping tournament.

aironn said...

AHHHHH. Happy Birthday Leslie and great job Corey! That was amazing.

Briscoe's said...

Cory that is freaking aweseome. You are right Leslie is wonderful and absolutely the sweetest person ever. Hope you had a great birthday. Staci

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Leslie! Your husband is definitly a keeper! I love the narrative of what was going on around Cory while trying to complete his mission. I felt like I was there too! Leslie,I have to agree that you are everything Cory said. I feel so blessed to have you as my friend. I could go on but I don't want to put Cory to shame in the flattery department. Thanks Cory because now Scott feels the pressure and my birthday is just a month away! Happy Birthday again Les! You deserve a great one!!!

Timo said...

That was the sweetest birthday card ever! And Leslie deserves every word. I hope she was surprised by your sneaking on to the blog.

Happy Birthday, Les! You are everything Cory said and more. You are amazing!

-becky

Chris and Shelly said...

Happy belated birthday Leslie! What a great hubby!! Your family sure is special.

Chris and Shelly said...

Happy belated birthday Leslie! You have such a special family, especially your hubby!