Apr 30, 2008

Laughter is the Best Medicine

Well, since my last post, I think I jinxed us. Boden got sick and was a dear little angel like Marley was. I got a really bad case of pink eye,and two days later I got it in the other eye. Not fun at all. I am still wearing my glasses, my eyes feel better but look terrible. I look like I have been crying my eyes out for days. Then to round out our week a bit, we went to the dentist yesterday and Boden had a filling done. His bottom lip was numb, I watched him carefully so he wouldn't chew on his lip, but as it turned out he chewed the crap out of it on the inside. So he woke up this morning with what looked like a big blister on the inside of his lip. He cried because it was hurting, until he looked in the mirror and started laughing at the way he looked. I told him he looked like a boxer. He was excited about that. He had to go to preschool today and for show'n'tell he is showing off his lip.

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

I think he looks pretty tough (as in strong) with that lip! hehe
I bet he was the cool kid today after show and tell.

Lane family said...

When it rains- it pours!

When I was young- pink eye was my favorite "sickness" to get, because I had to stay home from school- but I didn't have to fake sick. It just ended up being a fun day off. Now- I HATE it! I'm sorry for you!

aironn said...

Aren't little boys the best? From in pain and crying to realizing how tough they look in a matter of seconds. I hope you all get better soon!

Cassie and Chad said...

What a great kid! I am so sorry about your eyes..Yuck I hate pink eye. He does look pretty tough with his fat lip!