Jan 17, 2009

Finally HOME

Koen is HOME First book time at home. We love book time.
Enjoying the wire, tube free life.


We did it. We got to bring baby Koen home. We have spent many hours at the hospital this week. Going up and back at least two times a day and towards the end of the week 4 times a day. I has been very wearing on me, especially trying to recover from surgery. I have done very well though, I think with all the exercise of walking from the car to the hospital and back again has made me heal faster. Anyway, with much negotiating with the Dr., he finally agreed that we could take him home. Since being home he has been a little angel. He is so sweet and the kids are SO in love with him. They have been BIG helpers and it has been really nice. Marley is such a little mother and wants to do everything. She does a very good job too.
I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped us by bring us meals, taking care of the other kids, and also my moms, for going up to the hospital for feedings. It has been so nice to not worry about that stuff. I am so very lucky to have so much help. Also, thank you for all the prayers, I know that without them we would not be where we are. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts.

10 comments:

Chris and Shelly said...

He looks so ggod! I'm glad you can finally enjoy being home! There is no place like home. I bet you love cuddling him now that he's tube/ wire-less!

HARKER FAMILY said...

I am so glad you have that cute baby home. He is so adorable. I hope everything goes well for you guys!

IRISH BERNT'S said...

I AM GLAD YOU FINALLY GOT TO BRING HIM HOME. HE IS SO STINKING CUTE! HOPE YOU ARE CONTINUING TO HEAL FAST LES! IF YOU NEED ANYTHING, PLEASE CALL WE WOULD LOVE TO HELP ANYWAY WE CAN!

Lane family said...

Oh my cheeks! LOVE THEM. I'm glad he's home- he needs the other kids to love on him! Isn't it nice not to have to be careful not to pull out tubes or wires or IV's on accident. That was my favorite part. He's adorable!

Jana said...

Congrats on bringing baby home. He is so so darling. I'm glad he's doing good. Leslie, you look awsome in you pics.

Jen Merrill said...

im so in love. thanks for letting me watch the kids this morning! we loved having them over!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy you got to bring him home. He is a very beautiful baby. I'm sure he's equally happy to be home and to be hearing all the familiar voices again...all the time! I cannot imagine the roller coaster ride it would be to have a baby and not be able to take him home. You are stronger for it.

Natalie said...

Hey guys! I can't believe all you have been through these past weeks! I am SO happy that little Koen is home. Congratulations on another ADORABLE baby!! He is SO SO handsome and I LOVE the cheeks! Nate is sitting here with me making oh's and ahh's at how cute your baby is. He just told me he wants one just like it...maybe he'll get his wish August 20th! (WHAT?)

trisherann said...

That pic of Cory is hilarious. He looks overwhelmed by Things 1-4. Glad you are doing well and that crazy baby has made it home.

Stephanie Hatzenbuehler said...

A little bit of heaven on earth.